[WriteLog] Numeric Keypad + key

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Numeric Keypad + key
From: dhill@cprk.com (Hill, Don)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:52:08 -0600
F12 was changed in Version 10.  If you use radio control, and
are CQ'ing on a frequency and a packet spot shows up in either
the bandmap or packet spots window and you double click on it to
go work that station, hitting F12 takes you back to your CQ
frequency.

It used to be that F12 was the same as ALT-K and manually keyed
and unkeyed the transmitter for "live" transmission.  It is
still documented this way in the help files and manual.  So that
needs to be updated.

I wish Wayne or Ron can explain exactly how F12 works because
I got lost a couple times this weekend.  Example:  I'm CQ'ing
and see two multipliers show up on the bandmap.  I double click
on one and work him, then double click on the 2nd one and work
him, then hit F12 and end up somewhere other than my original
CQ frequency.

Do we go get the mult, then have to come back to our CQ frequency,
then go after the 2nd mult?  How does WriteLog determine which is
our CQ frequency?  Is it by the amount of time the radio has been
on that frequency?  More explanation is needed.

I know I pitched a bitch when it got changed and I've come to
accept the change.  One option of programming just one single
keystroke for ALT-K is to use the utility program that Dick, N1RCT
uses.  You can find all that info on his website:

http://www.megalink.net/~n1rct/

It uses a macro program to program the keys on the numeric
keypad.  I don't use it, but probably should.  You could probably
use it to setup sending those special messages to friends and
you should be able to program the ENTER key at the end of your
macro to log the contact.  Maybe Dick can comment further.

73, Don AA5AU