[WriteLog] PCI 128

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PCI 128
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 11:36:23 -0500
Is anyone running a Creative Labs PCI 128 soundblaster card?

I bought one at Dayton this year to replace the ISA SB16 card
I had to free up a precious ISA slot.  I've finally tried to
get it working with Writelog, specifically RTTY, a couple
nights ago.

Upon hooking it up and turning on the VOX, I got a loud
howling noise that would key up the rig.  If I'd disconnect
either the line in or line out (obviously) line, the howling
would stop.  Yes, sounds like ground loop, but I'm running
isolation transformers on the line out side.  Secondly, the
same interface box works perfectly with my trusty ol' ISA
SB 16 card.  Anyone running a PCI 128 without problems??
And a Yeasu FT-1000?

A second question, if you have a PCI 128, is which line out
do you use?  There are two.  The #1 seems to have audio out
(but howl) and #2 doesn't seem to have any audio out, not even
in normal windows mode connected to speakers.

Any help??

Chad  WE9V