[WriteLog] PCI 128

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PCI 128
From: w8ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, W8IK)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:32:33 -0400

> A second question, if you have a PCI 128, is which line out
> do you use?  There are two.  The #1 seems to have audio out
> (but howl) and #2 doesn't seem to have any audio out, not even
> in normal windows mode connected to speakers.
>
> Any help??

I tried the PCI-128 some time ago and gave up on it (stuffed
it in a machine I refurbished for my mother!).  I have seen
the "Creative Live! Value OEM" (a PCI card) for lett than $50
at several on-line sources ... it works flawlessly.

I believe the PIC-128 uses an Ensoniq chip rather than the
original SB design ... the problem is in the internal mixer
controls (something seems to be missing  ... like a mute line!).

73,
   ... Joe Subich, W8IK
       <W8IK@Subich.com>
       <www.subich.com/W8IK>