[WriteLog] DXP38 Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DXP38 Questions
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 22:22:57 -0500
> I just got a new DXP38 and trying to get used to it.  In Rttyrite, I
am using
> the DSP-4100 selection as the TNC since DXP38 is not listed.   It's
the
> only selection that works.  Is this correct?

YES - That is correct.

> Also, whenever the Rttyrite window is active I get this funky looking
> tuning indicator in the upper left hand portion of the screen.  It
looks like it
> can be reduced in size, but I've been unable to move it.  I see how
the indicator
> works, but since I'm also using the WriteLog RTTY Receiver in parallel
> with the DXP38, I don't need this other indicator.  How do I get rid
of it or
> can I?

Try double-clicking on it - I think that will make a standard Windows
blue border appear at the top edge, and then you can move it.  I don't
remember being able to close it - I just made it teeny and let something
else cover it up.

Since you're wired in parallel, let us know how the print compares, and
open up the wide band decode in the soundcard window.  I'll bet the wide
band decode will compare fairly favorably with the DXP38, but that the
main Rttyrite window won't be as good on weak and/or warbly sigs.