[WriteLog] CQ WW/RJ RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CQ WW/RJ RTTY
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:08:26 -0500
Another suggestion would be to do something like:

%C 599-04 LA LA BK%E

That would have been my normal setup for F3 (I don't use CT compatible
mode) in past years.

However, this year my exchange in F3 will probably be

%R%C 599-4 LA LA BK%E

when running a frequency and calling CQ.  When answering a CQ you
might want to put your call at the end "%C 599-4 LA LA DE AA5AU BK%E".

The reason for the %R is to put a carriage return/line feed at the start of
the transmission.  This may help when more than one station is calling you
after you've CQ'd and you want to make sure everyone out there sees the
call you've come back to.  But the %R is not necessary.  I didn't use it last
year and did quite well. You definitely don't
need it when you are hunting and pouncing and have answered a CQ and
the other station has given you a report.  It's not that important that he sees
his call when you come back to him.  The - between the numbers helps as
Barry has stated with the unshift character business.

Make it simple and short in this contest.  It's a rate DX contest and the
biggest
RTTY contest of the year.  CU there!

73, Don AA5AU