[WriteLog] Downloaded CTY files not working?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Downloaded CTY files not working?
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 02:54:18 -0000
Hi Doug,

Here is the procedure, one that I am adding to my web page under
'Maintenance'...but have not got there just yet...

1. Download the file as you have done from the site. It is in a .zip format.
2. Unzip the file into your \WriteLog folder (Mine is c:\amateur\WriteLog)
3. This will produce a file called WL_CTY.DAT and you should be able to see
it using a program like Windows Explorer in your \Writelog subdirectory.
4. Execute the 'CTY Execute' program. To access this program, go to
Start|Programs and then follow your path to WriteLog. Once the WriteLog
programs list, you will see 'CTY Execute.' Click on this option.
5. You will see an automated dialog box open and see the conversion
progress. The conversion  produces and updates four files: DXCCDOS.DAT,
DXCCWAE.DAT, CQZONE.DAT, ITUZONE.DAT (located in the \WriteLog\Programs
subdirectory).
6. Watch the bottom of the dialog box. Once it says something like 'ALL
DONE,' you can close the dialog box.

Your conversion is complete!

CU...Scot, K9JY

mailto:scot@k9jy.com