[WriteLog] TS-850 & FSK - getting closer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] TS-850 & FSK - getting closer
From: sentek@sprintmail.com (Floyd Sense)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:01:36 -0400
Looks like initially I'll be using the soundboard for receive and FSK for
transmit.  It occurred to me that I can let my DSP-599ZX handle the level
conversion from the RS-232 to the levels the 850 needs.    I already use the
PTT line that way when using PSK via Digipan.  So, now the question is how
to define the DSP-599 to Writelog so that will work.  While thinking about
that, I ran into this and haven't yet figured out why it's doing what it's
doing:

I opened the RTTY Type ahead window, and pressed the Transmit button just to
see what would happen.  Oddly enough, it keyed my PTT line!  I can't find
anywhere where I've defined this com port (com2) to Writelog.  When I go up
to the Port menu item on the Rttyrite screen and select com2, it says the
port is not available.  I looked at writelog.ini, and don't see where com2
is specified for anything other than as an installed port under "Ports".
How is Writelog finding out about com2 and connecting to it??

K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC