[WriteLog] report field compatibility problem during SS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] report field compatibility problem during SS
From: nj4f@erols.com (Steve Bookout)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:56:06 -0500
Hello all,

Could anyone shed some light on the following problem.

This past weekend some of us got together and operated CW SS as K4TS from
here as a 'tune up' to the CQWW CW contest coming up later this month.

Using two rigs and two computers networked.

At some point, lost the network between the two and when tried to reconnect
got a message to the effect 'that the link could not be established because
the program on the other machine had it's log entry format setup
differently than this one'.  It went on to say that the culprits were
'operator' (one machine) and the ' r ' on the other.

We did setup operators names in one machine and it wasn't in the other, so
one had a column and the other didn't.  I can understand that one.

The other machine had a column of ' r ' which I had no idea of it's
meaning.  We ALL took turns looking thru the options and help files trying
to figure it out.
Anyway, at some point someone did something to make it appear in THIS entry
format, where it wasn't before.

Even with the same identified columns in both logs, we still couldn't get
them to talk and got the same message.  We did notice that the ' r ' and
the 'operator' columns appeared in opposite order in each log.

Re-starting each program before re-attempting network link had no effect.

What did we do?  What did we overlook?  How do you correct it?
I surely don't want this to happen during CQWW.
Been using Writelog since this time last year without a network hiccup.

Using 10.20

-Steve Bookout, NR4M (ex NJ4F)
Rapidan Data Systems

'DX4WIN...The way logging programs should be!'
Free demo at http://www.dx4win.com