[WriteLog] report field compatibility problem during SS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] report field compatibility problem during SS
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 02:10:28 -0000
I agree with the posting from VE9WH saying the best policy is to set up a WL
file before the contest and start all your logs from there.

But the conflict reported with the "r" field and the "Operator" field made
me realize there is a problem with WL especially for new users--its a trap
of sorts. There are two menu entries on the program that will add a new
column to the log at any time--including after logging QSOs or after
connecting to the network. I think its OK if any one networked station adds
a single column, but if two do it, and they're not the same one, then the
networking software won't reconnect later.

I'll have to make it impossible to fall into this hole. (but I'm still
thinking about how to plug the hole without making it impossible to do other
useful things like add the Operator column after starting the log).

Wayne