[WriteLog] Icom Split

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Icom Split
From: kg0us@swbell.net (kg0us@swbell.net)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 21:50:20 -0600
Hello Ric,

Thanks for the assistance but I tried the IcomForceSplit=1 command in the
writelog.ini file without any luck. I still believe that the 775 driver is
incorrect for setting the split frequency using Writelog.

I will give you the following example of what takes place using Writelog to
control my 775 with the IcomForceSplit=0:

Let us say I use writelog or manually set my main VFO to 21.205 as an example
without the SPLIT being activated on the radio.

Now let us say I press the "-" key while using writelog to Enter the Split
Frequency.

I enter, for the heck of it, 21300 and press the Enter key.

Once Enter is pressed, the 775 transceivers main VFO, which is set to 21.205,
momentarily changes to 21.300 and then back to 21.205 and after this the split
indicator illuminates and the sub display lights flashing for 2 or 3 seconds.
Unfortunately, the sub display never gets set to the proper frequency.

I think there is a timing issue or the split command is out of order with some
other command in the driver.

The Split function works fine in NA as long as I have manually select SPLIT
from the front panel.

I have tried to bring this issue to Wayne's attention with at least two
different e-mails, but he seems very selective as to who he wants to provide
customer assistance.

Best Regards,

Dave kg0us