[WriteLog] Writelog and Japan Radio JST-245 HELP!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog and Japan Radio JST-245 HELP!
From: nn5t@attglobal.net (Jon Suehiro)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 03:52:46 -0000
Hi Doug

I felt CQWWCW coming up, so I took my serial cable for JST-245D out and
checked for its configuration for you, hi.

Typical Null-Modem cable is made in RED cable and so obvious.   Another
alternative (my case) is to use "regular" modem cable with Null-Modem
adapter (this cable was originally used with KAM+ for Packet).   I think
they are both available at Radio Shack.

PC end (DB9 female, connecting COM port: male)
JST-245 end (DB25 male, connecting RS-232C: female on JRC)

     DB9 female      DB25 male
        pin 1   -       pin 4 & 5
        pin 2   -       pin 2
        pin 3   -       pin 3
        pin 4   -       pin 6
        pin 5   -       pin 7
        pin 6   -       pin 20
        pin 7   -       pin 8
        pin 8   -       pin 8
        pin 9   -       NC

If you are using 25 pin ~ 25 pin, hope you can translate my connection to
your case.   Obviously the cable configuration in JRC's manual is wrong.

I have never done that.   I just brought up WL (10.21K), changed Setup and
click COM1 for Rig > JRC JST-145/245 > AUTO, and changed Radio > Number of
Radios to 2.   Sure enough WL started tracking JST-245's mode and frequency.

I have not try to check PTT on COM port, hope this works too.

73 (and Gud Luck in CQWWCW),   Jon nn5t@arrl.net