[WriteLog] PK232 and CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PK232 and CW
From: nn5t@attglobal.net (Jon Suehiro)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:30:11 -0000

I tried to make WL work with W9XT card or KAM '98, but finally gave up.   XT
card was dragging Radio control (freq/mode up date too slow), and WL never
setup KAM '98 (leaving in Host mode, KAM not responding at all and required
reset before use with other terminal software).   Of course WF1B does not
work correctly after updating my PC (slow Celeron to P-III, also updated to
Win98SE), unable to locate COM ports and will time out (won't run !).

If your PC does have WL compatible sound card (Sound Board Check V9.22
available at WL home page > Downloads), go with standard configuration of
WL --- Sound Card for Voice Keying, COM port for Rig control and CW/FSK
keying.   Now every thing works as supposed to be for me (or better than
what you are expecting from WL, hi).   You will be surprised for CW
receiver's performance in WL, particularly in pileups.   Another benefit is
you can immediately start working on PSK31 without any more hardware change.

You can see my KAM story in Mailing List Archives.