[WriteLog] great font editor

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] great font editor
From: k1nu@mediaone.net (Leonard Kay)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:43:00 -0500
After seeing the recent revival of the "slashed-0"
font thread, I went looking on the Web for a decent,
cheap (read: shareware) font editor. I use Lucida Console
as my standard screen font, and wanted to put a
slashed 0 in it.

I found one, called Softy:
http://users.iclway.co.uk/l.emmett/

I downloaded the latest version (1.07b). It took
me about a half-hour fiddling with it to figure out
how to edit a glyph (letter) but I was very pleased
with the results. It's no harder than editing
a wireframe drawing.

Just remember - if you do go editing your font(s),
make a COPY, rename it, and edit THAT! :-) You can
do that by standard Edit/Copy commands from the Windows
Font directory or Control Panel/Fonts. Once you're
satisfied with the results, install it as usual.

I'd be happy to share a copy of my "Lucida Console 0"
font, but I'm not sure what the copyright laws are here....

Happy xgiving and GL in CQWW CW!

73, Len K1NU