[WriteLog] date format and other problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] date format and other problems
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:12:38 -0500 (EST)
> I am a little concerned with many of the comments on this reflector that
> this program is a "work in progress." I paid good money for what I thought
> was a contest logging program, not a beta test version. All of these
> comments are concerning version 10-20B purchased several weeks ago.
>
> When will the program be stable and complete? Until then I guess my only
> option is that I have to go back to CT. Too bad.

Bruce,

Every single contest software you use, including CT, is a work in
progress.  I was involved as one of the first beta testers for both CT and
NA.  I used both through many changes and bugs.  Instead of complaining
about bugs in software I paid for, I instead used my energy in a positive
way to help find bugs and make suggestions on enhancements.

There must be a reason you bought this program.  If CT filled your needs
completely, then you wouldn't have bought WriteLog.  Given the stage in
development of this software, I think it is a FB product worth every penny
you paid for it.

Maybe you wrote this mail in a fit of frustration and will be more
reasonable after thinking it through.  I've been known to do the same, and
always regret not waiting a day before hitting the send button.

73

Bill, W4AN