[WriteLog] W5XD keyer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer
From: epearson@ezylink.com (Eric Pearson)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 12:49:53 -0800
At 05:26 AM 12/4/00 , IK2RZP Gino Zambaiti wrote:
>after a lot of different tryes, I suppose that one of integrated circuit
>doesn't work.

After looking at the schematic of the keyer I don't think any
of the IC's on the board could be the problem.  My guess is that
you are using CI-V interface that gets its power from the computer's
RS-232 port.  The W5XD multi-function keyer does not pass the RTS
line through to the rig so you may need to connect pin 7 of P10 to
a voltage source like the output of the regulator U6.

Has anyone else had this problem using a "serial port powered" RS-232
adapter like the W1GEE with the W5XD multi-function keyer?

73,
Eric - K6EP