[WriteLog] Getting Started

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Getting Started
From: rbrann@midcoast.com (Raymond W. Brann)
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 01:33:13 -0500
Hi agn. As you may/not remember I just purchased
WriteLog. I then asked a few questions here and got super results
with several folks suggestion I get my rig(746) connected to
my computer before going further.

Well I've received the Icom CT-17 today and have connected it
to my GateWay 400.
Things started out fairly well but have encountered several
stumbling blocks.

Started with "General DXCC" and setting all in CW.

Ok, I can change Freq/Bands on rig with WriteLog.
I can't transmit any CW using my computers keyboard...???
wonder why??
Once the program told me it couldn't find any ".wav" files......I'm
not suprised.........I haven't recorded any.........do I need to do
this for CW??
Couple of times the rig acted like it was keyed up and then didn't
send anything, then stayed keyed up till I shut it off.......strange.

In the CW receive window the WriteLog copies rather well.
Wonder why I see six(6) lines of copy, mostly one(1) is correct,
another is close, the rest...........not very good or worse.

I think I'm jumping around with the setup, not following any real
sequential procedure. Been reading the Help files endlessly.
Nothing wrong with them........'tis me.

Can anyone get me going on this "step by step"

Many Thanks
Ray