[WriteLog] Soundcard

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 15:28:42 -0500
I just recently reconfigured my FT-1000D, and went through some of the same
stuff you are up against now. As I recall, the pin numbers are correct, but
it is very easy to verify these by putting a meter on each of them and
having WL activate them. I think you should do this. I had times when it
looked like WL wasn't working - don't know why - probably cockpit trouble.

To actually make the FSK work on the rig, you will have to bring the  rig's
FSK line to near zero volts. Monitor it also while having WL actuate it and
see if it is coming far enough down. As I recall, I had a volt or two on
the rig's FSK line before the WL signal brought it down. I used
optoisolators from RadioShack's (mailorder catalog) for all three functions
(CW keying, FSK, and PTT).

Let me know if you have more questions.

Jerry W4UK