[WriteLog] Soundcard

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:47:57 -0500
> I can make the radio shift if I physically short the
> collector of the 2N2222 SHIFT transistor to ground, so I
> think the wiring is ok on the Yaesu side. What could I be
> missing here? Thanks
>
> David, W7WW

I noticed the same thing recently after I made a new interface.  For
about 2 years now, I have been applying the com port TD output through a
1K resistor, directly to the RTTY SHIFT pin of the MP.  I originally got
this configuration from a help doc for RITTY/K6STI.  When I built a new
interface, I thought it would be nicer to use a transistor for the FSK
line too (like the PTT line), but it didn't work.  Thus I simply went
back to TD -> 1K resistor -> RTTY SHIFT and things are nifty again.

Once again, this has worked fine for 2 years without any problems.
YMMV  -  GL  (Please don't email me to tell me the grounds aren't
isolated etc etc.  Thanks)