[WriteLog] ADIF Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ADIF Question
From: N5SMQ@aol.com (N5SMQ@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:57:37 EST
Hi All,
    I "saved as" my SS SSB log as an ADIF file, no problem, I saw the other
posts. The question I have is when I imported it into my regular logging
program (HyperLog) , it could not read the states... I looked at the ADIF
file in Notepad and it didn't have a "State" line, all I could find was a
line marked :ARRL Section. I went back and looked in my old text files, and
the ADIF standard lists a "State" line, but no "Section" line. I questioned
the support folks fro HyperLog and they said that it only looked for the
"State" line that the standard lists. I have had no trouble in the past
importing ADIF files from CT and another Win95 contest logger that supported
ADIF files...... Did I miss something in setting up the ADIF file???? Or do I
need to change all the lines in my ADIF that read "ARRL Section" to State and
make them a state????  Thanks for all the contacts in SS ,,, All who operated
that is....

Butch N5SMQ