[WriteLog] Slash Zero

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Slash Zero
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:57:53 -0600
At 01:39 PM 12/13/00 -0500, W0AH@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 12/13/00 10:51:46 AM Mountain Standard Time,
>martyt@pobox.com writes:
>
><< Use the FixedSys font. It is a standard Windows font and has slashed
>zeros.
>  You can't get a slashed zero from fonts that don't already have it -  >>
>
>Windows 98 gives me a choice of 122 different fonts.  FixedSys is not one of
>them.  Does it have another name?  K0RI and I mistakenly typed oh instead of
>zero a few times during the ARRLTen contest and it sure would make things
>easier to be able to see the difference in the log window.
>Doug  W0AH

Fixedsys sure as heck ought to be there - it's been a standard Windows font
since Windows 3.1 (probably 2.11 also!)  It's not a TrueType font, so if
you're looking for it with some kind of font browser, you might not see it.
But it'll be there unless you've done something to explicitly remove it.

Start WriteLog and go to the Setup | Entry Window Font... menu item and in
the list of fonts, you should see Fixedsys - on my machine it's between
"Courier10 BT" and "LettrGoth12 BT" - my machine is Win98 SE with nothing
fancy installed. The only fonts listed there are the fixed-width fonts on
your system. If you absolutely can't find Fixedsys, you can also use
Terminal - it has slashed zeroes also.

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com