[WriteLog] Effortless database backup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Effortless database backup
From: n7us@arrl.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 07:48:53 -0700
I have had an Iomega Zip drive for the last few years, though haven't used
it much. I've become pretty unconcerned since I haven't had any hard drive
problems.  I do run Norton System Doctor automatically, which is a component
of Norton Utilities, and I do give it credit for my good luck.

Anyway, I recently updated my Iomega Zip software and downloaded their
QuickSync 2.  This cool program runs in the background, copying all of the
files in the directory you specify (e.g., Program Files\Scientific
Solutions\DXbase 2001) and keeps a mirror image of all the files.  It does
this every few minutes, and I'm not even aware it's running.

They also have a back-up program for the Zip drive, of course, but I must
admit I don't use it often.  What I am most concerned about on my hard
drive?  My logging database of course!

I'd think the same program would be great for contest logging back-up.

Here's the link:

http://www.iomega.com/software/index.html

Jim N7US