[WriteLog] LineInProfile?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LineInProfile?
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:15:20 +0000
Happy Holidays to all,

I am playing with sound boards again. I decided to remove my Turtle Beach
Montego board because the audio out was marginal and microphone wave files
recorded thru it were very weak.

Put back in the old Sound Blaster PCI128 board that I had so much trouble
with interference to video monitor in my old computer last year. It runs
fine in this new Dell computer with no interference problems. But I can not
seem to get WriteLog to control the board. WriteLog (version 10.22B) does
Mute the Mic input. But it will not select the Aux input for Record which
is what the Line In seems to be called.

First, I do have Windows sound board selected for DVK type under Port
Setup. Second, I tried to old LineInIndexOverride in the WriteLog.ini as
shown below. But in reading the description of the LineInProfile variable
it sounds like it undoes the Index variable. Or is LineInProfile the new
name for the old LineInIndexOverride? Although the help file on "If
WriteLog chooses the wrong Line In input" still uses LineInIndexOverride.
When I bring up the Recording Control the values are

Recording Control
Wave Record
Synthesizer
CD
Microphone
Auxiliary
Modem
TV Tuner

My WriteLog.ini is set to

[WlSound]
LeftFader=0
RightFader=0
ContinuousRecord=0
LineInProfile=1
LineInIndexOverride=5

When I set the Record to Aux in the SB PCI128 Mixer panel and save those
settings then WriteLog runs ok, so the Aux input is the proper one for the
RTTY decode to work with. But when I deselect AUX Record in the SB PCI128
Mixer panel, WriteLog does not reselect anything.

The WriteLog Sound Mixer Level Control does show Auxiliary being selected
for Receive.

When I run the old mixapp.exe it shows a Line ID of 00040001hex for the
Auxiliary source? When I use a LineInIndexOverride=4 then the WriteLog
Sound Mixer Level Control shows the microphone as the Receive selection.

When I manually try different values of LineInProfile WriteLog overwrites
the values back to LineInProfile=1

What have I forgotten?????

Jerry, W6IHG

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC