[WriteLog] COM ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] COM ports
From: k5zd@ma.ultranet.com (Randy Thompson, K5ZD)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 05:14:30 -0000
I am trying to set up my station for SO2R in the RTTY Roundup.  Problem is
that I only have 3 COM ports.

One is for the FT1000D, one is for the IC765.  That leaves one for doing FSK
keying.  Since only one radio can transmit at a time, is there a way to set
up the RTTYrite windows so that they are both using the same COM port?  Then
I can use the same outboard switching I use for CW to control which radio is
being keyed?  FSK keying is done with a transistor circuit.

Or is there a way to have radio control and FSK on the same COM port?

Backup plan is to give up rig control on one of the radios, but I would
prefer not to.

Any suggestions welcome.

Randy

Randy Thompson, K5ZD
11 Hollis Street, Uxbridge, MA 01569 USA
Tel 508-278-2355 E-mail k5zd@ma.ultranet.com
Web: http://www.k5zd.com