[WriteLog] "Server not available" error?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "Server not available" error?
From: wa0sxv@mellinger.com (Mike Mellinger WA0SXV)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:06:14 -0700
In my experience, the error occurs when any one of the windows is tied up
doing a dialog box such as a file selection or whatever.  I normally get a
message that allows a retry.  So I ignore it until I complete the dialog,
then specify retry and everything continues.

As for the rebooting PTC when it refuses to read the read buffers, actually
it does read them, just incredibly slow.  Only solution is to restart
everything.  The PTC also completely crashed once -- that is probably a PTC
problem.

I also was privileged to experience the continuing problems with the DXP38
interface.  Basically, if you try to "stack" message keys (hit F11 for CQ
twice quickly), it fails to properly send and locks up in transmit.  Also,
do not ever interrupt a DXP38 transmission  -- it can have the similar
effect.

I also experienced the sequence numbering problems, but found an acceptable
workaround.

Version 10.22 D, didn't know that there was a .23x or would have used that.

Overall Writelog did a fantastic job and was a lot of fun doing SO2R.

73,
Mike WA0SXV