[WriteLog] W5XDKeyer Help - Bridge Rectifier Mis-Labeled??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XDKeyer Help - Bridge Rectifier Mis-Labeled??
From: djl@andlev.com (Dan Levin)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:32:10 -0800
The DB101MS 1A bridge rectifier that I received from Digi-key has 4 pins
marked "+", "-", "~" and "~".  There is a "+" marked next to one pin on the
silk-screen of the board.

There is no orientation that allows the part to be mounted on the top of the
board and the "+" on the part to be matched to the "+" on the board.  See
diagram below:

Part is like this:

+   ~

-   ~

The board has a rectangle for the part outline with the pin in the upper
right marked with the "+".  So either a "~" or the "-" pin must be aligned
with the "+" on the board if the part is mounted on the top surface (which I
assume it should be).

If you haven't figured it out yet, I am not much of a hardware engineer :-)

I assume that the pins marked "~" are no connection, and that the part
should be aligned so that the pin marked with the "+" is up - that is to say
the part should be installed as I drew it above.  Is this right?

Thanks!

            ***dan, K6IF