[WriteLog] AFC question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AFC question
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:47:23 -0600
I just finished some testing on the AFC.  Indeed, the signal does not appear to
"lock"
when the AFC box is unchecked.  It seems as if the AFC still is working despite
the
fact that the AFC box is not checked.  I can move my the incoming signal around
and
WriteLog still copies as along as I stay within my receiver's passband.  The
little red
boxes follow the signal.

Now I am confused.  I am sure I tested this in a previous version and the
little red
boxes on the bottom of the WriteLog RTTY Receiver locked in one place until the
entry window was cleared either by logging the contact or with ALT-W.

I'm going to play around with it some more this week, but it appears that AFC
is still
working despite it being unchecked.  This might be a good thing or it might be
broke.
Only Wayne can tell us for sure.

More on this subject later (I hope).

73, Don AA5AU