[WriteLog] USB sound?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB sound?
From: kk5vh@austin.rr.com (John Scott)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:05:25 -0600
Hi Larry
The box comes up through a "new unknown device found" and then windows 98
knows that it is a USB audio device.  Win98 finds a driver for it on the
Win98 CD (Win 98 second edition) and installs it.  The play control (
little speaker on the task bar) when double clicked, has "options" then
"mixer device" drop down window.  The drop down window shows the "USB Audio
Device".  When you choose it, the only option you have is recording not
playback.  It does not seem to hit the sound board in any way and you
cannot see any level while talking into it.  I have yet to get it to
connect with Writelog and I doubt if I can.  I think Writelog has to allow
USB devices before it would even see it.

I does not seem to be available on Creative's sound recorder app.  I will
try Microsoft's (need to reload it) and see.  The setup could have the
advantage of earlier digitization of sound audio and therefore less
susceptible to RF (I would think)..

I will keep playing with it for a while here..

John KK5VH

On Tuesday, January 23, 2001 6:47 PM, Larry [SMTP:larrywj@home.com] wrote:

> Wow, that's interesting.  The adapter must have an analog to digital to
USB