[WriteLog] Suggestions....

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Suggestions....
From: ea3gip@ea3gip.net (Fidel Leon Martin)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:05:47 +0100

        Humm... glad the mailing list turning back to life!

        After contesting in WPX and ARRL CW, I have some nice suggestions to do:

        -More search and pounce memories. Yep, I was always short of them,
mainly because of (read next point).

        -The spot window is very nice with the new colours, but in the ARRL was
almost unusable... Not only you get out-of-band spots (altought in different
colours, a little improvement btw), you even get spots *not* usable in the
test, as I am not interested at all in getting spots not in K or VE in the ARRL
DX test, and I found myself quickly cluttered with the huge amount of spots
coming from the cluster announcing EU and AS stations. One work-around (apart
of deleting by hand 49 of 50 spots, and being careful not deleting the ) was
using the search and pounce, but 4 memories weren't enough.

        -Is anybody else using a PK232 for CW generation? I was unable to call
CQ in the ARRL, because the PK232 became frozen after two QSOs.... I could hit
F1 for "CQ TEST EA3GIP" for one hour, but a simple memory contents like "%D 599
ATT" produced, once after two or three QSOs, the PK232 stopping sending any
more CW code until the unit was powered on and off. That could be my hardware's
fault btw! It wasn't related to RFI

        -Has had anybody troubles using the CW LPT interface under Windows Me?
I wasn't unable to use it (that's why I used my PK232), but I am not sure about
my computer (an IBM PC Server).

        -Another suggestion: South Dakota stations, please be QRV on the ARRL
SSB, I need you to complete my WAS hi!

        Just to say: the program worked flawlessly in both contests, with no
incidents (as usual!). Not "Server not responding", and using packet cluster,
radio control, SB reception for CW, and the PK232 for CW (ARRL) and RTTY (WPX).

        73,

Fidel Leon - EA3GIP
E-Mail: ea3gip@ea3gip.net
http://www.ea3gip.net