[WriteLog] RE: 2-way satellite ISP info on my web site now

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: 2-way satellite ISP info on my web site now
From: wt4i@brevard.net (Bruce Lifter)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:21:50 -0500
I switched to the Time Warner solution (Road Runner) a few of months ago.
Soon after that, Sprint started offering a their Broadband service.
http://www.sprintbroadband.com/
My guess is that in time, this will be available in all areas that
they offer cell coverage. Currently they are charging $49.95. My
guesss is that you can work this rate down if you combine with
some of their other services such as long distance and cell phone.

The good news is that with all the options popping up, it is just
a matter of time before everybody will be able to get a decent
connection.

73, Bruce WT4I

http://www.starbandusers.com/index2.shtml has more info
on StarBand, and what people are doing with it.

To get a glimpse of what people are doing in terms
of ad hoc broadband distributed 802.11b networks, look
at http://www.bawug.org/ and http://www.pdxwireless.org.

Anyway, lots of info on wireless broadband are on the web.
www.wirelesstcp.com is another place to look.

Finally, 2-way satellite Internet connection is not for
everybody.  These are goesynchronous birds that are way out
there.  The ping times through a satellite connection are
terrible.  Games, streaming audio and streaming video are
questionable.  I have not asked anyone about streaming
stock tickers yet :-).

73
Kok Chen, AA6TY

-----