[WriteLog] RITTY and writelog 10.24f

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RITTY and writelog 10.24f
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:03:56 -0600
The answer is no, you cannot do left channel and right channel with RITTY.
You have to select one or the other but not both.

You cannot run two radios off one soundcard with RITTY.  You would
need two soundcards and RITTY installed in two different subdirectories
on your hard drive and even then, it has not been proven it will work.

Being able to run RITTY with WL is fine for those already running RITTY
and only running one radio per computer.  For those of us already running
RTTYrite with a soundcard in WL, it gives us no advantage to change.  It's been
stated
that RITTY works great on signals with polar flutter and distortion.  The
wide band decoder in RTTYrite with a soundcard works well also.  I see no
distinct advantage, only disadvantages to running RITTY with WL.  But
that's only my opinion.

I would encourage anyone wishing to devote the time to getting RITTY
to work with 2 soundcards on one computer with WL in a SO2R configuration.
Seems like a lot of trouble and until someone proves it will work, it doesn't
seem like a viable solution to SO2R with WL.

73, Don AA5AU