[WriteLog] Re: WL10.26B and FT-847

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: WL10.26B and FT-847
From: kkii@hcc1.bai.ne.jp (Katsuyuki ISHII)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:26:46 +0900
Hi, folks:

According to Jerry's advise, I have been trying to connect my FT-847
on Writelog, but not yet succeeded.

Looking at BIOS setup in my protable PC, I found the com port 2 (2f8,
IRQ3) was assigned to IrDA.  So the radio display on Writelog showed
something from IrDA (I don't know how to say in English).

After setting IrDA "Disabled" on BIOS setup, I started Windows NT 4.0
and then Writelog.  I opened Port Setup window and checked the boxes
for com port 1, "FT847", "4800 baud" etc.  Once I saved this configuration,
closed Writelog and shutdown Windows NT 4.0, I restarted again.  I tried
to connect my FT-847 on Writelog, but the radio display said "No Rig !"

>From these things, I am sure that my Writelog has never recognized FT-847
since I installed it.  Ummmmmmmmm

Anyway, my trial will be continued...  Any advice will be appreciated.

----
Katsuyuki Ishii  kkii@hcc1.bai.ne.jp