[WriteLog] IC-706 & AFSK via 13-pin ACC plug?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IC-706 & AFSK via 13-pin ACC plug?
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 20:39:30 -0500
Can the Icom IC-706 be coerced into AFSK operation with input via the
13-pin ACC connector? I can make FSK work, no problem and the manual seems
to indicate that AFSK is supported but gives no clue as to how it's done.

My cable is properly wired, so I think it's down to a setting in the radio.
I've tried RTTY and LSB modes, and both give only a solid (i.e. FSK without
the shifting) tone.

If AFSK is possible, does the connection to pin 10 of the connector (FSKK -
fsk shift) have to be completely removed?

Looks like I'll at least be able to do FSK RTTY from the mobile on the way
to Dayton - if I can figure out how to get AFSK to work, I'll try to do
some PSK and MFSK too...

Direct replies please - I'll summarize to the list if it's of interests.

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com