[WriteLog] Networking Writelog for FD

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Networking Writelog for FD
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 6 Jun 2001 07:16:38 -0700
I am setting up a network for FD for our club (Boeing Employees Amateur Radio
Society BEARS) W0MA (McDonnell Aircraft).  I have 4 PC's, all are networked and
all are working just fine.

I used the pages out of the help file and the file on www.k9jy.com to figure
out how to setup Writelog.  It all seems to work, but here is my question.

Do I need to have a copy of Writelog on each PC?  It seems to me that the copy
of Writelog on the server PC could be used?  Is this correct?

What I did in testing was to use Window Explorer on the Client PC and went over
to the Server PC and double clicked on the FD2001.wl log.  This started up
Writelog on the Client PC and shared the log.  I did then do a "Save as" on the
Client.

The instructions on the K9jy site saids to start Writelog on the client and
when the "Recently Used" windows come up, and browse through the Windows
networks to go to the machine, drive, directory, and program name of the server
log.  This will require Writelog to be on each client machine.

Can anyone tell me which is the most correct way?

BTW this is the lastest version of WL, I won it at the Saturday RTTY Dinner and
since I already had WL I donated this copy to the club.

Thanks

Joe K0BX STL

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx