[WriteLog] Daily Logging

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Daily Logging
From: k6xt@arrl.net (Art Charette)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:09:31 -0700
Tom

I send you my sympathy. I've found the very same, that there is no
single-log solution to combine contesting, DX, RTTY, PSK, and whatever else
we want to get into. My solution for two radio single op using Icom rigs:

Contesting: WriteLog. Accept no substitute. Wayne has done a helluva job.

RTTY general operation: mmTTY (limited link-ability to DX4WIN)(almost as
good as K6STI, is a Windows app, endlessly configurable, and did I mention
FREE to amateurs - close enough, and a terrific support website)

DX'ing and PSK31: DX4WIN

What these programs have in common is that Writelog and mmTTY export ADIF
files. DX4WIN imports ADIF files.

There you have it. My best compromise solution, eagerly awaiting the perfect
logger.

I see you've been answered by at least one Logic supporter. My brother N6AYW
uses Logic so I've had a shot at it. Thanks but no thanks for my purposes -
but it is worth a look if you have the processing power to make it go fast.
Not the best contest logger.

Regards
Art K6XT
k6xt@arrl.net