[WriteLog] Computer???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Computer???
From: k2qmf@juno.com (k2qmf@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:14:42 EDT
Hello Writelog users,

I need to replace my old Pentium 75 using DOS 6.22.  I use this
computer for CT and RTTY.  I guess I will have to upgrade to Writelog.

Can anyone recommend what I should get in my new computer?

Any way to still be able to use DOS based programs with new computer?

What version of windows would be best?  I guess I will still need
4 com ports. one for modem, one for packet, one for PK-232, and one
for rig control.  Are they still called com ports???

How about a sound card that will work with "SoundBlaster" contest
voice control??  Used to have to have a Voice Blaster card for it to
work.

Thanks in advance for any info.

73,  Ted  K2QMF

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!