[WriteLog] White Heat USB to Serial

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] White Heat USB to Serial
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:30:30 -0500
> I was at K5NA's place for IARU this past weekend.  He had a WhiteHeat
> USB to 4 db9 serial adapter.  Looks like a nice box.  Anyone using it
> with Writelog?  He had one on his packet cluster with 4 kantronics TNCs
> attached working very well.

I have one - Have used it with a Gateway P166 (WIN 98) with add-in USB
adapter, a Dell Inspiron 5000e (WIN98), and now a Dell Precision Workstation
with WIN2000.  Works great for modem, controlling MP, MARK-V, IC-706MKIIG,
DXP38, external modem.  As someone said recently though, standard onboard
serial ports are the best for "special" things like 5-bit Baudot (FSK).  The
White Heat is pricey though at about $300.