[WriteLog] CT compatible key ( &...)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CT compatible key ( &...)
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:14:35 -0000
Hi Clive,

CT compatibility in the ini file is in my web site under 'Setting up You' at
http://www.k9jy.com. To quote:

"If you have pressed F1 thousands of times as I have to send CQ then having
F1 be the standard Windows Help function key is disconcerting and
frightening at 4:00 AM with no sleep in the middle of a contest. To make F1
be the key for sending a message, and have the other standard CT function
keys operate in WriteLog, enter this (exactly, except for what is in the
parentheses) into the [Configuration] section of the WriteLog.ini file:

CtCompatibleAccel=YES

SendCallExchangeKey=10 (for F10 being the same as in CT)"

As for the Enter key also moving from the call field to the exchange field,
I'm not sure. The relevant help file notation is:

"If you turn on the "Enter sends exch/QRZ" function using the menu in the
Entry Window, then WriteLog will start a programmed message every time you
type the Enter key. What it sends depends on:

If the cursor is in the CALL field, it does not enter the QSO into the log,
but instead sends the message corresponding to F10. Presumably you would
have programmed this key to send the callsign followed by the contest
exchange. If the CALL field is blank, then it sends the message
corresponding to F11, which is presumably programmed to send a CQ message.
(You may change the "CqFunctionKey" entry in WRITELOG.INI to use a different
function key.)

If the cursor is not in the CALL field, then ENTER commits the QSO to the
log and also sends two messages. First it sends any necessary correction to
the other station?s call if you have corrected the CALL field since you last
transmitted it. Then it sends the message corresponding to F3 (or you can
change the "QrzFunctionKey" in WRITELOG.INI)."

I thought you might want to try and play with the 'tab' check mark within
the QSO exchange parameters. I personally don't think that would work, but
it's worth a try. Net: don't think it will automatically move the cursor to
the next field for you; you'll have to get it there yourself. Hope I'm
wrong..

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com