[WriteLog] IOTA entry field

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IOTA entry field
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 19:46:45 +0100
Hi

In the IOTA contest, I found that e.g. ( my ref.) EU5 is not
accepted, and EU005 is demanded. In practice, most Gs will send
you EU5 *not* EU005, in the same way that these days, in the
CQWW, a W1 invariably sends zone 5 as opposed to 05 as was
traditional. The QSL message is sent but the contact is *not*
logged, displaying a format error.In the heat of the battle I
think this is likely to be pretty troublesome

This is not unworkable but is a tad tedious for islands with
single digit references. There doesn't seem to be a way around
this in Contest/Exchange format, and I assume the format is
embedded somewhere impenetrable. Is this intended I wonder?

73

Clive
GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org