[WriteLog] IOTA entry field

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IOTA entry field
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:15:02 +0100
 Dez in Cyprus wrote:
> I've had a look into it, and think I've found a workaround, that is until
> someone
> smarter than me finds the correct solution for accepting IOTA references
> such as EU5
> (vice EU005).

Sad to say that on closer examination, I don't think this will work.

Why, because e.g. EU5 is not recognised as EU005 etc. Thus if I work a G
and log EU5, when I have told the prog. I am in EU005, then it gets scored
as 15 points *not*  3 for my own IOTA zone.

The prog. really should be intelligent enough to know that e.g. EU5 is the
same as EU005, after all I'm sure it knows that CQ zone 5 is the same as
05, and doesn't score a separate  mult.

Fix  ASAP please.

73

Clive