[WriteLog] Alt-K

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Alt-K
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:40:28 -0500
I forgot to mention this in my Alt-K post this evening, but the
symptoms that John, WA9ALS and Dave are reporting, I get when
using my DXP-38 stand-along with WriteLog - exactly.  I always
attributed it to a problem using HAL stuff with WriteLog but
perhaps there is more to it.

I have never used the MMTTY plug-in stand-alone in WriteLog.
I have always used it as a 2nd Rttyrite window with the capability
of transmitting as well as receiving.

I will test it stand-alone tomorrow and report the results.  I know
a lot of you might be sick of this MMTTY stuff, but sorry...
it is important.

BTW - comparing MMTTY with the DXP38 is almost identical.
But MMTTY is picking up a little more print than the DXP38 on
a UA3 station and now YL2KF.  Not enough to say it's better,
but it's looking more like that with every test.  Say it isn't so!!!

73, Don AA5AU