[WriteLog] MMTTY Alt-K testing results

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY Alt-K testing results
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:25:08 -0500
I've tested this Alt-K thing all evening on my Win98se machine
with no problems.  I am not experiencing what John, WA9ALS,
is reporting.  We had a long QSO on 20M RTTY tonight.  Afterward,
I worked N8YYS, N0AJ and NO2T, all using MMTTY with Writelog!
I'm not saying there is a not problem, as with what John is saying.  He is
using Win2000.  Jorgen, SM6SRW, the guru behind this MMTTY
plugin is also using Win2000.

I am only saying that I'm not having this problem and I think the MMTTY
plugin is stable.  I would not say this if I wasn't satisfied with the product.
I am willing to take the product into battle in any RTTY contest.  I am
so convinced of the success of the MMTTY plugin that I have already
started working on my setup for next year's ARRL RTTY Roundup
using this same setup (or any changes that come before the contest).

Alt-K, transmit on/off, is working perfectly here on both my Win95
and Win98se machines.  Since Alt-K is used mainly for non-contest QSO
activity, it is not of that much importance for RTTY contesting.

But because WriteLog is the BEST RTTY program available today,
Alt-K is important because us RTTY users use it for everyday RTTY
activity.  I cannot duplicate the Alt-K problem here.

Thanks to Wayne, Ron and Jorgen and of course, the author of MMTTY,
Makoto Mori JE3HHT, for what (to me) is the greatest thing in RTTY
since the PK232 (which I still have high regards to - phooey on it's critics).

Sorry to the CW/SSB guys that have to wade through all this RTTY
stuff on the WriteLog reflector, but you have to realize that WriteLog is
the best thing going on RTTY and if you'd only join us, you would
realize a whole new fun world out here (K5ZD did).

73, Don AA5AU

http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/