[WriteLog] RITTU vs MMulty and Alt K, is crazy here also

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RITTU vs MMulty and Alt K, is crazy here also
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 06:19:21 -0500
I'm running Win98SE
I'm one of the guys who did the dual decoding also.
Even before Writelog began to utilize RITTY as a tnc.
I just used two identical computers with the audio from my MP split and
feeding both computers.
One was running Writelog and it's soundcard decoding and the other running
RITTY in Dos.
If I missed something on the RttyRite screen I looked at the RITTY screen.
Frequently the RITTY screen picked it up.

Then when Writelog included RITTY as a plugin I used that as my tnc.
And used MMulty on the other computer screen.
I could set one to the mode to decode normal signals and the other tweaked
for the fluttery one.
Generally I found the two were nearly equal overall.

As for the Alt K phenomenon. I never experienced it prior to this release
although WA9ALS and I have talked about it before.

When trying to test MMulty plugin the other day I hit alt K to talk and got
the same crazy results Don and John described.
Hit alt k, the window would open but if I typed anything I saw it on the
RttyRite screen and not in the alt K box. No diddles. Hit alt k to close it
as before and the Type ahead would come up. Now I had to type in the alt K
popup and use the transmit button on the type ahead window to send it out.
But the next time I opened Writelog to test things the alt K system worked
normally.

I'm sure that this will be solved. Wayne and Ron have fixed almost
everything before and I'm sure they will again.
And these innovations are making rtty contesting more and more popular. I'm
seeing calls I've never seen before both in contests and in general qso's on
the band.
And prior rtty users are returning now that the hardware is becoming less
noisy and oily. hihi

If you can't understand it, it is intuitively obvious.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com