[WriteLog] more complete explan. of MMMUlty problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] more complete explan. of MMMUlty problems
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 12:11:51 -0500
First off, the main one that drove me crazy for days now.
If I have the MMMulty plugin activated, I cannot use the RITTY tnc option.
I could select the RITTY as tnc but an attempt to send a buffer would key
the rig, and immediately drop the ptt line with NO buffer being sent.
If you switched back and forth among the different sound card options
eventually upon returning to the MMMulty option the MMMulty Control Panel
would freeze and could only be eliminated by ctrol, alt, del.

I could not use the FSK rtty mode of my MP with the MMMulty tnc plugin. The
MP would just send it's steady tone waiting for the input to shift between
mark and space.

Using MMMulty the AFC caused me to be off frequency. I received a number of
comments before I found that problem. If you went to the options you would
see that the Mark setting in the demodulator was always different than the
default setting.
Changing it back would work for the next contact but by the time you found
another station to work and THOUGHT you had him tuned in...it would be off.

Once I 'uninstalled' the MMMulty plugin my MP could again use rtty mode with
the RITTY soundcard option.

These problems did not occur if I use MMMulty or RITTY as a standalone
program.
I'm using a 900mHz Athlon running win98se with 320MB of ram.

All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com