[WriteLog] starting place

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] starting place
From: rich@w3zj.com (Richard B. Drake)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:56:58 -0400
Having used several ISP's over the years, Prodigy, Bell Atlantic, AT&T, New
Jersey Network, and now Erols (A.K.A. Starpower) the best thing to do when
they send you a CD containing their co-branded version of software is,
"Throw it in the waste basket!!" Instead, install standard off the shelf
Microsoft, Netscape, Opera - whatever suits your fancy. The setup will take
you 5 minutes longer, the long term results are faster upgrades, no hassle,
and guess what, they all run on NT! From what I can tell of the Earthlink
software, it's based on IE 5.0 (Don't know why that won't run on NT) but
anyway, that's three Microsoft releases old - We are now on 6.0. Get my
drift? Oh! Don't do that if your ISP is AOL but just about anyone else :-)

----
73, Rich - W3ZJ