[WriteLog] Mindspring software

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Mindspring software
From: k4jrb@juno.com (Dave L Thompson)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:13:04 -0400
I am not advanced enough to run anything but the software supplied by the
ISP.  My one attempt to run something else replaced the ISP's software
with a bunch of microsoft stuff.
I am aware that Earthlink 5 and 6 support Windows 2000, but I must wait
for the next release to keep my mindspring e-mail address (I am user
#451).  If I went to Earthlink 5 or even the first release of 6 all of my
relectors would be lost.   I get 450 messages a day on the mindspring PC
and about 50 on my shack PC on juno.  I also run all my CQ 160 contest
admin on the Shack PC.

I run Norton Internet security firewalls to assure any ISP upgrades are
done when I want them and not when the ISP tries to force the upgrade.

Back to writelog folks...

73 Dave K4JRB