[WriteLog] One keyboard hot switched between two computers?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] One keyboard hot switched between two computers?
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:39:43 -0400
In connection with the SO2R/2PC thread of  this afternoon, I have another
question:

What is required to "hot-switch" a keyboard between two live computers?  I
have never heard of anyone doing this, but I would bet it is possible.  As
I remember, the keyboard has a small CPU running it, so it has to
initialize as it starts up, but it you don't cut the power as it switches
between computers, it might be possible.

How about the mouse?

Jerry W4UK