[WriteLog] DX-Telnet Spots to Writelog HOW?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DX-Telnet Spots to Writelog HOW?
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:34:36 -0500
> nothing is changed considering the edit of the registryfile
> but if the steps explained on my webpage are followed
> 100% it;s a peace of cake

What's this about the registry?  I just did the very few steps suggested on
Guy's DX Telnet page, and it works on my network just fine.  The setup was
on my WIN2000 computer, and there is also a WIN98 computer on the network
receiving the spots FB in WL.

It's really not complicated.  There's one line that I don't understand well,
and might be easy to skip during setup or might look/behave differently on
your machine:

"Click once on File Exchange (unchecks the box), but don't fill in any path.
Just CANCEL and then click on APPLY button."

Here's how it worked on my system:
1.  File Exchange box was ALREADY CHECKED.  Clicking on it once UNchecked it
(no place comes up to enter the path.).  I clicked on it again which CHECKS
the box again, and this time the window comes up to fill in the PATH.  At
this point I followed Guy's advice and just clicked on CANCEL and then
APPLY.

If you do EXACTLY what Guy says on his page, it should work!  For another
way of doing it on an UNnetworked computer, see
www.qsl.net/wa9als/dxtelnet.htm