[WriteLog] Editing the log

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Editing the log
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 08:51:27 -0500
--=====================_170929293==_.ALT

At 08:03 10/1/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:
> > How does the program distinguish between S&P and CQ mode?  It seems it
> > assumes S&P with a call in the call window  and the accelerator key ENTER
> > sends CQ if the call field is blank. But there is no easy operation for
>S&P
> > which is forced on me due to a station that does not put out a strong
> > signal. The problem is that I have to use the Ctl-Enter to silently log
>the
> > QSO.
>
>Gil, there are many ways to use WL.  After a couple of years, I learn new
>things all the time.  Here's one way to do it:
>
>S&P:  F4 sends my call.  He answers.  F5 sends the exchange to him.  After
>he confirms, I hit ENTER (not ctl-enter) and it silently logs.  I don't know
>why yours isn't working that way now.  I've never even heard about
>ctl-enter...see what I mean about still learning?

If I hit enter as explained in the help files and manual it doe enter the
log but it also sends messages depending on what is in the call filed and
where the cursor is. I think it is because I have Enter sends exch/qrz
function turned on in Entry window ? I will check that. I thought it was
needed for the enter to work but I see it is probably not. As you say,
always learning. RTTY was my first use of the program.

>CQ/RUN:  Use auto-CQ or hit F11 or any other "special" CQ's you might have
>set up.  NOw there are a couple of options, at least:
>
>1.  Answering station's call IS highlighted green or yellow:  Just hit the
>INS key to send his callsign and exchange.  He replies.  Then just hit the
>PLUS (+) key to send the "QSL QRZ" message and log the Q in one operation.
>
>2.  Answering station's call is NOT highlighted:  Click on the first letter
>of the callsign to put it into the ENTRY window, THEN hit the INS key.
>
>Never having used any of the older contest programs (except WF1B), I don't
>why/how this should be much simpler.
>
>Also, you can use Macro Express to automate almost anything the way you
>prefer.  Hope this helps some.  73
>John - WA9ALS - VP5RY

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_170929293==_.ALT

At 08:03 10/1/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:<br>
distinguish between S&amp;P and CQ mode?&nbsp; It seems it<br>
&gt; assumes S&amp;P with a call in the call window&nbsp; and the
accelerator key ENTER<br>
&gt; sends CQ if the call field is blank. But there is no easy operation
for<br>
S&amp;P<br>
&gt; which is forced on me due to a station that does not put out a
strong<br>
&gt; signal. The problem is that I have to use the Ctl-Enter to silently
log<br>
the<br>
&gt; QSO.<br><br>
Gil, there are many ways to use WL.&nbsp; After a couple of years, I
learn new<br>
things all the time.&nbsp; Here's one way to do it:<br><br>
S&amp;P:&nbsp; F4 sends my call.&nbsp; He answers.&nbsp; F5 sends the
exchange to him.&nbsp; After<br>
he confirms, I hit ENTER (not ctl-enter) and it silently logs.&nbsp; I
don't know<br>
why yours isn't working that way now.&nbsp; I've never even heard
about<br>
ctl-enter...see what I mean about still learning?<br>
If I hit enter as explained in the help files and manual it doe enter the
log but it also sends messages depending on what is in the call filed and
where the cursor is. I think it is because I have Enter sends exch/qrz
function turned on in Entry window ? I will check that. I thought it was
needed for the enter to work but I see it is probably not. As you say,
always learning. RTTY was my first use of the program.<br><br>
F11 or any other &quot;special&quot; CQ's you might have<br>
set up.&nbsp; NOw there are a couple of options, at least:<br><br>
1.&nbsp; Answering station's call IS highlighted green or yellow:&nbsp;
Just hit the<br>
INS key to send his callsign and exchange.&nbsp; He replies.&nbsp; Then
just hit the<br>
PLUS (+) key to send the &quot;QSL QRZ&quot; message and log the Q in one
operation.<br><br>
2.&nbsp; Answering station's call is NOT highlighted:&nbsp; Click on the
first letter<br>
of the callsign to put it into the ENTRY window, THEN hit the INS
key.<br><br>
Never having used any of the older contest programs (except WF1B), I
don't<br>
why/how this should be much simpler.<br><br>
Also, you can use Macro Express to automate almost anything the way
you<br>
prefer.&nbsp; Hope this helps some.&nbsp; 73<br>
John - WA9ALS - VP5RY</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>