[WriteLog] Questions - New user

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Questions - New user
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 06:06:17 -0500
--=====================_247417177==_.ALT

At 01:35 10/2/2001, Dave -- KE7GI wrote:
>Thanks for the reply John.
>
>OK. So if the "port 5" option is only for FSK, then I can't use the "port 5"
>option to send PTT and use the mic input at the same time?  If I understand
>you correctly, I MUST check "none" under ports in Rttyrite and use the VOX,
>which is what I did -- unless I use FSK.  (What I want to do is use AFSK
>into the mic and key the PTT with port 5.)
>
>Yes, I have the "Windows sound board" option checked under "DVK type" in
>Setup|Ports and the "Stereo Sound Board AFSK" checked under "TU type" in
>Rttyrite window.  As I said, this is how I worked the contest.  But I had to
>use VOX to key the rig and set ports to "none" under "ports" in the Rttyrite
>window.
>
>In the case of CW, I can't seem to get any combination to un-gray the
>"keyboard Alt+K" and I can't get any cw audio generation, even if I use VOX.
>I have read the help files k9jy manual through several times and I have
>tried every combination I can think of.  HELP!

Set a port for CW. Set a DIFFERENT port for the RIG and MOST IMPORTANT Set
PC Generates in CW Type. This works for me with no problems.
  I also have All Mode PTT on CW RTS, but that is probably of no interest.
The bigger problem is that WriteLog does not allow me to use PTT on a port
that is NOT the CW Port. BAD, all my other programs do not let me use the
same port!

>73 Dave, ke7gi

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_247417177==_.ALT

At 01:35 10/2/2001, Dave -- KE7GI wrote:<br>
John.<br><br>
OK. So if the &quot;port 5&quot; option is only for FSK, then I can't use
the &quot;port 5&quot;<br>
option to send PTT and use the mic input at the same time?&nbsp; If I
understand<br>
you correctly, I MUST check &quot;none&quot; under ports in Rttyrite and
use the VOX,<br>
which is what I did -- unless I use FSK.&nbsp; (What I want to do is use
AFSK<br>
into the mic and key the PTT with port 5.)<br><br>
Yes, I have the &quot;Windows sound board&quot; option checked under
&quot;DVK type&quot; in<br>
Setup|Ports and the &quot;Stereo Sound Board AFSK&quot; checked under
&quot;TU type&quot; in<br>
Rttyrite window.&nbsp; As I said, this is how I worked the contest.&nbsp;
But I had to<br>
use VOX to key the rig and set ports to &quot;none&quot; under
&quot;ports&quot; in the Rttyrite<br>
window.<br><br>
In the case of CW, I can't seem to get any combination to un-gray
the<br>
&quot;keyboard Alt+K&quot; and I can't get any cw audio generation, even
if I use VOX.<br>
I have read the help files k9jy manual through several times and I
have<br>
tried every combination I can think of.&nbsp; HELP!<br>
Set a port for CW. Set a DIFFERENT port for the RIG and MOST IMPORTANT
Set PC Generates in CW Type. This works for me with no problems.<br>
&nbsp;I also have All Mode PTT on CW RTS, but that is probably of no
interest. The bigger problem is that WriteLog does not allow me to use
PTT on a port that is NOT the CW Port. BAD, all my other programs do not
let me use the same port!<br><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com<br>
[<a href="mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com";