[WriteLog] Stumbling CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Stumbling CW
From: n4gg@hotmail.com (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 08:25:28 -0400
Thanks to all for the helpful replies.  I now have CW running fine on a
P75/Win 95 machine.  Win 95 does not include msconfig.exe, so I used
ctl-alt-del as instructed, and found and closed a bunch of stuff running in
the background.  Also, I was able to move virtual memory to a faster disk
drive (I have two HDDs) which fixed it the rest of the way.  An alternate
fix was to shut off virtual memory - it worked but I don't recommend it.
Some testing indicated you can run out of RAM in the middle of a large log
and not recover - NOT GOOD!

Thanks again
Hal, N4GG